Home
Weekly Rides
Event Rides
Newsletter
Club Business
Report Map Issues
Membership
Links
Contact Us
Sign In

 2010 Board of Directors Minutes

 

February 16, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, D. Philbrick, J. Pink, D. Parrow, J. Lefevre

1. Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $3,406.42
Money Market $18,097.52
Paulson CD $5,038.88
Bank of the Cascades $10,047.12
PayPal $520.44
Total $37,558.44

2. Budget for 2010: The 2010 Budget will be about the same as the 2009 Budget. All categories will stay the same except for Conferences which will be increased from $900 to $1,200. Actual expenses for 2009, the 2009 Budget and the 2010 Budget will be published in Spokes.

3. Annual Banquet: The Annual Banquet has received great comments. Garry Moyer did a great job and has reserved the Cat Cavern at Willamette for next year. Comments on the awards has been favorable. The Board decided that the minimum volunteer award would be $5. Hopefully this will encourage participation in club events.

4. Bike Club donation for the 3-wheel: A grant of $1,330 has been made to Resource Connections of Oregon to purchase an adult trike, helmet and lock to increase the mobility of one of their clients. The club was approached by Kate Tarter to help with this grant.

5. Monster Cookie Update: Larry Miles updated the Board on preparations for the Monster Cookie. All rest stops have been manned. All permits have been started. Online registration is available. Paper registration forms are being mailed.

6. Programming for General Meeting

February - Doug Parrow presentation on Web Ride Data Base and Forum
March - Gary Obery presentation on Bicycle Commuting Safety
April - Jim and Jackie Ross presentation on Bicycle Trip to France

The Board discussed topics for upcoming programs. George Schopfer will try to get programs on various cycling topics. Any suggestions for upcoming programs should be directed to him. George will prepare a schedule of upcoming programs so they can be published in Spokes.

7. Other Old Business: Spokes - JoAnn Dewey led a discussion of getting articles for Spokes and possibly changing the layout of the newsletter. The club needs to encourage members to contribute articles. Doug Parrow said he would work with Ali Stevens to suggest different layouts.

8. New Business:

a. Donation request: Salem Police Department: The request has not yet been received.

b. Club mileage/club insurance /"racers" issue: Jackie Lefevre gave a fact sheet on the club's insurance. The Board decided that the club encourages all cycling. Therefore anyone signing up on the ride sheet will be awarded the ride miles. The club has no more or less exposure to liability whether someone stays on the ride route or moves off it.

c. Maps included in New Member packets: Dave Philbrick told the board that the area bicycle maps that were included in the new members packets are no longer available. The City of Salem is not going to reprint the maps until after the new city bicycle plan is completed. Dave said that a link to the map on the website would be provided in the new member packets.

d. Financial Support for the Cycle Challenge 2010: Board discussed any monetary sponsorship by the Club for this event. The Board decided that the club would support this event by including it as a qualification for the Road Animal Award and encourage all members to ride the event and volunteer. The club would also offer equipment needed for the event. A mailing will go to Monster Cookie and Peach participants about the Cycle Challenge 2010 and its inclusion as a ride for the Road Animal award. As this event is a fund raising event for the Boys and Girls Club, the Board decided that a monetary sponsorship would not be appropriate.

9. Location and dates for Board meetings going forward

Next Board meeting will be at TIUA, March 16, at 6:30 PM.

March 16, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey M. Lebow, D. Philbrick, J. Pink, D. Parrow, J. Lefevre, K. Schribbs, O. Kem

1. Guest Request for Donations

Omer Kem made a presentation to the Board requesting a donation of $2,500 to fund three more positions on the Capitol Velo Youth Development Racing Team. Omer offered the Salem Bicycle Club a sponsorship to the Salem Twilight Criterium. Also, Omer said that $500 of the donation would be returned to the club to purchase memberships for members of Capitol Velo. The Salem Bicycle Club would have access to Hammer Nutrition Products and Castelli Cycling clothing through Omer's contacts. The Board decided the Club will make a donation of $2000 to the Capitol Velo Youth Development Racing Team and the members of the team would be offered an Associate Membership to the club.

Salem Police Department requested $500 for 107 bike helmets to be used as needed at the next bicycle rodeo. Board approved the request. Flow Riders from the Boys and Girls Club requested 8 registrations with lunch and t-shirt for the Monster Cookie Ride. Board approved the request.

2. Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $62.68
Events Fund $3,406.42
Money Market $18,097.52
Paulson CD $5,038.88
Bank of the Cascades $10,047.12
PayPal $105.48
Total $36,855.57

3. Alice B. Toeclips Banquet: The Board approved buying a table of ten places at the Banquet. The Banquet is June 5, 2010. Anyone desiring to attend should consult Doug Parrow for availability of places.

4. Bike Club Clothing: There is about $4,000 worth of inventory. Doug Parrow will list the clothing on our website. An order form with a link to PayPal will be there. The Club will try to sell the entire inventory this year. Discounts may be offered later.

5. Monster Cookie Update: Larry Miles updated the Board on preparations for the Monster Cookie. All rest stops have been manned. Help has been recruited for the lunch stops. The Keizer Police and Marion County Sheriff have been contacted. 200 registrations have been received with the event 6 weeks out.

6. Programming for General Meeting

March: Gary Obery will do a presentation on Bicycle Commuting Safety
April: Iron Cowboy, Joe Kurmanski, will present his latest adventures
May: Jim and Jakey Ross will do a presentation on their Bicycle Trip to France
June: Scott McCanna will do a presentation on Beginning Racing for Adults

The Board discussed topics for upcoming programs. George Schopfer will try to get programs on various cycling topics. Any suggestions for upcoming programs should be directed to him. George will prepare a schedule of upcoming programs so they can be published in Spokes.

7. Other Old Business: In-Kind Mailing for 2010 Cycling Challenge: The Board approved a motion to provide the Boys and Girls Club a mailing of flyers to the SBC membership for their 2010 Cycling Challenge.

8. New Business:

a. SBC Memberships for Flow Riders: After a consultation with our insurance company, a standing waiver was developed for the Flow Riders. Other riders who are minors will still need a waiver signed by a parent. Flow Riders membership would be an associate membership to SBC. This associate status is also offered to the Capitol Velo Youth Racing Team.

b. Meeting Minutes Online: Mark Lebow requested that an archive of meeting minutes be made and linked to our web page for reference. Doug Parrow and George Schopfer will develop this.

c. Ice Band Expiration Date: An announcement will be made that all orders for the Ice Band will have to be made by April 30, 2010.

d. Alternate Meeting Date for May: Board will meet May 12th because of schedule conflicts at 6:30 PM at TIUA.

9. Location and dates for Board meetings going forward

Next Board meeting will be at TIUA, April 20, 6:30 PM.

April 20, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, D. Philbrick, J. Pink, D. Parrow

1. Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $8,343.73
Ride Events $13,003.53
Money Market $18,118.64
Paulson CD $5,038.88
Bank of the Cascades $10,047.12
PayPal $107.42
Total $54,659.32

2. Guest Request for Donations

a. Request from Omer Kem for sponsorship agreement for people under 17 being associate members of SBC. Board authorized the President to complete final agreement between Capitol Velo Racing Club Junior riders and SBC. Upon completion SBC expects to be a titled sponsor of the Salem Twilight Criterium.

b. Donation request from Lizzy Whittemore to sponsor her in a Bikes and Build ride was denied. This is fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity and the Board decided that it did not fit the criteria of promoting cycling.

3. Alice B. Toeclups Banquet: The Board approved buying a table of ten places at the Banquet. The Banquet is June 5, 2010. Any one desiring to attend should consult Doug Parrow for availability of places. Doug and Joann Dewey are building a guest list. Anyone interested in attending should contact them.

4. Bike Club Clothing: Two jerseys and two shorts were sold this month. Sizes are limited. Bike Club clothing will be offered at the Monster Cookie Ride.

5. Monster Cookie Update: Larry Miles updated the Board on preparations for the Monster Cookie. Everything is ready. There are 1200 riders preregistered.

6. Programming for General Meeting

April - Iron Cowboy, Joe Kurmanski, will present his latest adventures
May - Jim and Jackie Ross presentation on Bicycle Trip to France
June - Scott McCanna, Beginning Racing for Adults
July - Seph Reese, Ashland Bicycle School Basic Course

The Board discussed topics for upcoming programs. George Schopfer will try to get programs on various cycling topics. Any suggestions for upcoming programs should be directed to him. George will prepare a schedule of upcoming programs so they can be published in Spokes.

7. Other old business: 2010 Cycling Challenge registration form is in the Cookie package. A postcard mailing will be offered to the Boys and Girls Club.

8. New Business:

a. SBC Memberships for Flow Riders: Flow riders will be at the Monster Cookie. They will work at registration and some will ride it.

b. Country Financial Health Fair: Country Financial requested a SBC representative to have a booth at their health fair. Doug Parrow said he would represent the club. John Pink said he could help also.

c. Board Meeting Date Change: The next Board meeting will be May 12, 0630 PM, at TIUA.

d. Travel Salem: Travel Salem has invited SBC to a wine tasting April 27 after the General meeting. It will be announced at the General Meeting is the tasting is a go.

9. Meeting was adjourned.

May 12, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, J. Dewey,  D. Philbrick, J. Pink, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs

1. Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $2398.64
Ride Events $15874.92
Money Market $18,118.64
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $49.19
Total $51,543.36

2. Alice B. Toeclips Banquet: Opportunity to attend still available. In April the Board approved buying a table of ten places at the Banquet. The Banquet is June 5, 2010. Any one desiring to attend should consult Doug Parrow for availability of places. Doug and JoAnn Dewey are building a guest list. Anyone interested in attending should contact them.

3. Bike Club Clothing: Limited sizes still available. Information available on the Bike Clubwebsite.

4. Monster Cookie Update: Most expenses have been paid, including the one dollar per rider paid to BTA. Outstanding expenses include mileage for SAG drivers, U-Haul truck rental, T-shirt re-order, and smaller miscellaneous expenses. Larry Miles will write an article for the June Spokes newsletter recapping the event and the impact the event has on the local community. The last Sunday in April of 2011 is Easter Sunday. The date for the 2011 Monster Cookie will be May 1.

5. Cycle Challenge 2010: Salem Bike Club provided an "in-kind" donation to the Cycle Challenge 2010 event by covering the cost of one mailing of registration forms for the event.

6. General meeting program reminders:

May 25th - Jim and Jakey Ross presentation on Bicycle Trip to France
June 22nd - Scott McCanna, Beginning Racing for Adults
July 27th - Seph Reese, Ashland Bicycle School Basic Course

7. New Business:

a. The Board approved paying for registration fees for any Board members interested in attending The Oregon Bike Summit on June 4th in Portland Oregon.

b. The Board approved working with GEAR - Greater Eugene Area Riders club in lending 10 road signs for their bike event Blackberry B'Ramble on July 31 and August 1.

Meeting was adjourned. Minutes submitted by JoAnn Dewey

June 15, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey, M. Lebow, D. Philbrick, J. Pink, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs

1.Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $1,793.35
Ride Events $4,575.72
Money Market $24,146.05
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $141.20
TOTAL $45,758.29

2. Cycle Challenge: Cycle Challenge needs volunteers. Sag and rest stop people are needed. Next Wednesday, June 23, 2010, volunteer training will be held at the Boys and Girls Club headquarters. 203 riders are pre-registered. The goal is to have at least 500 riders. Cycle Oregon may be upgrading their equipment giving SBC and Boys and Girls Club a chance to acquire some used equipment.

3. SBC - Flow Riders Membership: Attorneys for the Boys and Girls Club want different wording on the waiver form. We received the waiver wording from our insurance company. More work needs to be done to resolve this.

4. New Business

a. Discussion on recognition/appreciation: The Board discussed volunteer recognition and membership. The dues from a member are not a significant source of income for the club. The club will have to develop a recognition program and nominating system. It was proposed that each month a volunteer would be selected from those nominated. They would be featured in Spokes along with a bio piece about them. The Board would select one of these volunteers per year for a free membership. JoAnn Dewey will introduce this topic to the club at the next General meeting.

b. Membership Applications: The application form has boxes on them that list the volunteer opportunities with the club. We need to make sure that these people are invited to participate in these opportunities immediately.

c. Kiwanis Guest Speaker: Kiwanis has requested a speaker from the club to address their meeting on the club's accomplishments for the year. JoAnn Dewey volunteered to give the talk.

d. Christmas Lights Entry Fee: Board approved the entry for the Christmas Lights parade so the club can participate.

e. GEARS and non-profit status: SBC is 501 c7 social club. Keith Shribbs said he would review the current IRS regulations concerning nonprofit clubs and determine if we are properly classified.

f. Email request for Donation from a Cross- Country Rider: A request was received for a donation to a rider that was making a long trip across the U. S. to raise awareness about teen suicide. The Board decided to not make a donation.

g. Family Building Blocks Health Fair: SBC received a request to help with the August 2, 2010 Health Fair. Doug Parrow will bring it to the BTA to see if they are interested.

Meeting adjourned.

July 20, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, J. Pink, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs, J. Lefevre

1. Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $1,430.35
Ride Events $4,572.72
Money Market $24,146.05
Bank of the Cascades $15,211.54
PayPal $141.20
TOTAL $45,501.86

Jackie Lefevre provided a budget report that showed the Board that the budgeted expenditures were on track.

2. Donation Request: Carlie Keever and Tim Buckley made a donation request for $1,000 to help with the My Peace Project. This is a project of Oregon Peace Works to promote sustainable living and transportation through cycling. There will be a public forum on bicycle transportation, a half day class on bicycle commuting, and a mural on the side of Scott's Bicycle store to promote bicycling for peace of mind. The Board discussed the request. The donation was approved but the Board would like to hear from the Oregon Peace Works before having our donation included in the Mural portion of the project. The mural will take city approval and this may take a long time to accomplish.

3. Cycle Challenge: Cycle Challenge was reasonably successful but had only 350 riders. They need to increase the riders for next year, but it was not a bad first year. The sponsors of the event were satisfied and are going to be sponsors next year.

4. Kiwanis Club Guest Speaker: Steve Sanchez of Kiwanis requested a presentation from SBC on the club's accomplishments in the community. JoAnn Dewey volunteered to make the presentation.

5. Update on Christmas Parade: Registration has been made for SBC participation in the parade this year. The insurance waiver has also been completed.

6. Not for Profit Status of SBC: Keith Schribbs reviewed the not for profit status of SBC and found that we are not in compliance. The club is 501(c)(7) currently which makes it a social club which should derive its income mostly from members contributions. As most of the club's income comes from event rides a status of 501(c)(3) or charitable organization would be more appropriate. To avoid trouble with the IRS, the club should apply for a change of status. Discussion ensued and the Board decided to investigate what needs to be done to start the process.

7. Recognition / Appreciation Awards: This was tabled until the next meeting.

New Business

a. Peach of a Century: Larry Miles gave the Board an update on preparations for the Peach. The route has been changed to make it shorter and safer leaving Stayton. Larry proposed that a sandwich be offered on the preregistration form to be available at the Stayton rest stop. Board agreed with all these changes.

b. National Night Out: Marion County Sheriff requested a bicycle safety booth at Santanna Park for National Night Out, August 3rd. Doug Parrow and John Pink volunteered to do this.

c. Television Program Request: Ann Morrow requested a speaker for the Cycology Today program on public service television. The Board decided not to participate.

Meeting adjourned.

August 18, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, J. Pink, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs, D. Philbrick, J. Ross, R. Hughs (GEARS)

1. Treasurer's Report:
Operating Fund $1,455.06
Ride Events $4,572.72
Money Market $21,157.66
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $76.03
TOTAL $42,363.44

Mark Lebow said that the CD is up for renewal. Board recommended that he use his best judgement on renewal or changing to another instrument. Doug Parrow requested reimbursement of $270 for miscellaneous expenses. Board approved.

2. Guest Richard Huges of GEARS: The Board invited Richard Huges of the GEARS Bicycle Club to tell us why that club changed their nonprofit status from a 501(C)7 to a 501(C)3 and (C)7. Richard said that the law states that to be a (C)7, you have to receive less than 35 percent of your income from sources other than dues. They split their club's activities between their (C)3 portion and their (C)7 portion so they could make their income disposition comply with the IRS rules. The SBC is a 501(C)4 nonprofit. This is often used for lobbying organizations. The Board recommended that we table this discussion until a review of the 501(C)4 rules is made.

3. Guest - Jim Ross - Rides Committee: Jim said he was having a problem getting ride leaders for club rides. He presented a suggestion to the Board on how to build a cadre of ride coordinators. During the discussion, a suggestion was made to use the 10/500 members as a ride coordinator cadre. Doug Parrow will get the list for the Rides Committee.

4. Peach of a Century: Larry Miles said that all preparations for the Peach are underway. He will start assembling his volunteers in September.

5. National Night Out - Santanna Park: Doug Parrow and John Pink provided a bicycle safety booth at Santanna Park during National Night Out. Doug thought it was affective and was a good opportunity to work with Marion County sheriff.

New Business:

a. Board of Directors Positions for 2011: Four positions need to be filled this year. Most of the officers and members of the Board are willing to stand for election again. Anyone that wants to participate should make their candidacy known to the President.

b. Discussion on New Spokes Editor: Our Spokes editor, Ali Stevens, has moved and will not be able to edit the Spokes Newsletter after this year. Anyone in the club that is interested in this position should contact JoAnn Dewey. The Club uses the InDesign program on an Apple computer, so anyone interested in learning this industry standard software should contact JoAnn.

c. 2011 Banquet: Gary Moyer has started planning the banquet. It will be at the Cat Cavern on Willamette's campus again. Banquet date is January 30, 2011.

Meeting adjourned.

September 21, 2010

Present: JoAnn Dewey, Mark Lebow (substitute scribe), Bob Luoma, Larry Miles, Doug Parrow, John Pink, David Philbrick, Keith Shribbs

Treasurers Report:
Checking Operating Fund $4,475.88
Checking Ride Events $7,377.72
Money Market $21,180.56
CD $15,101.97
PayPal $269.07
TOTAL $48,405.20

Old Business:

Keith Shribbs reported on his investigation of the requirements for our non-profit status as a 501(c)(4) organization. He thinks we fit in well with the IRS example of a flower club. One recommendation Keith had, is for us to take some time at our annual banquet to tout our good deeds. He will email the board members the IRS section on 501(c)(4) organizations; he found it very interesting.

Larry Miles provided an update on the Peach of a Century ride which is this coming Sunday, September 26th. Larry says most aspects look good. One area where he thinks we could still use some help is in handing out packets at registration. There is also concern about whether the bicycle repair needs will be met in Stayton. He has ordered the sandwiches and the pies. He has ordered portable restrooms to augment the park facilities in Stayton, and also increased the number of portable restrooms at all other stops. Road Animal awards will not be available upon ride completion; we hope to mail them out by early November.

JoAnn discussed correspondence from Tim Buckley concerning the MyPeace Project's upcoming Peace Conference that the SBC donated money to. The Peace Conference is to promote peace through going green and alternative transportation. The SBC donation was to promote the bicycling part of alternative transportation. John Pink and Doug Parrow have both volunteered to participate in the conference.

New Business:

David Sawyer, Turner City Administrator, is proposing bike lanes be added to Delaney Road. He contacted JoAnn to request a letter of support for the proposal. Doug will write a letter of support.

Santiam Bicycle Club is going to have a time trial type race, for their members only, on October 10th. The race will be 4.5 miles long and riders will leave at 2-minute intervals. It might be fun for the SBC to have an event like this as the program for a summer general meeting in the future.

Garry Moyer is coordination the facilities, food, and beverages for the annual banquet in January. Last year, Doug Parrow arranged much of the program. Doug does not wish to do the program this next time.

Meeting was adjourned.

October 20, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey, M. Lebow, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs, D. Philbrick

Treasurer's Report:
Operating Fund $2,313.88
Ride Events $2,534.48
Money Market $21,189.88
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $156.84
TOTAL: $41,297.05

Mark Lebow went over the current Balance Sheet and the Budget-to-Actual Sheets with the Board. The Board accepted them. This year's outflows exceeded budgeted amounts by approximately $5,000. Jackie Lefevre requested the purchase of a Quick Books program to use for club bookkeeping. The Board approved the purchase.

Guests Bob Coe and Alan Chen - Alan Chen is the Chair of the West Salem Urban Renewal Committee and Bob Coe is a SBC club member. Alan requested that the club support a pedestrian bridge that would go from the Union Street Railroad Bridge across Wallace Road. He said that with the railroad hump of the right of way removed the bridge could be ADA accessible. Alan requested that the Club email the Salem City Council in support of this project. The Board decided to have Doug Parrow write a letter to the Salem City Council in support of the bridge. Alan and Bob were invited to write an email to the Spokes Editor for inclusion to the next issue outlining the bridge project and encouraging club member support.

Website Development - Doug Parrow wants to refine the website to allow people to sign up to be ride leaders online. The Board also discussed an online database that would allow members to see the mileage of all the members. This will be a topic for discussion at the next General Meeting.

Discussion on New Spokes Editor - Our Spokes editor, Ali Stevens, has moved and will not be able to edit the Spokes Newsletter after this year. Anyone in the club that is interested in this position should contact JoAnn Dewey. The Club uses the InDesign program on an Apple computer, so anyone interested in learning this industry standard software should contact JoAnn.

New Business - Board of Directors Positions for 2011 Four positions need to be filled this year. Most of the officers and members of the Board are willing to stand for election again. Anyone that wants to participate should make their candidacy known to the President. Nominations will be made at the next General Meeting.

2011 Banquet - It will be at the Cat Cavern on Willamette's campus again. Banquet date is January 30, 2011. George Schopfer and Keith Schribbs volunteered to look for 10-500 awards and recommend them to the Board. George and Mark Lebow were asked to make suggestions for Volunteer Recognition gifts.

Meeting adjourned.

November 10, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs, D. Philbrick, J. Pink

Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $1,446.25
Ride Events $2,534.48
Money Market $21,189.88
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $156.84
TOTAL $40,429.42

Mark Lebow presented a summary of the donations made by the club. It was recommended that Board members bring the summary with them when future donations are requested as a reference guide.

Flow Riders Presentation and Donation Request. - Teresa White and Jonathan Karmer, of the Boys and Girls Club, made a presentation on the activities of the Flow Riders over the last year and what the club wants to do in the future. The Flow Riders and the Capital Velo Junior Racing program have combined efforts to share staff, provide cycling development, and opportunities for the next year. Jonathan gave an overview on what he received from the program. He said that he improved in his cycling abilities and because participation in the club is dependent on maintaining good grades, his grades also improved.

Teresa gave a great presentation on what the Flow Riders and Capitol Velo Juniors intend to do during the 2011 season. Flow Riders have retained 6 members and have 2 new ones. Capitol Velo Juniors has 6 returning members. Other youths want to join the Flow Riders and can if they have their own bicycles. The spinning classes have enough room to absorb new members. Omer Kem is the coach for the Capitol Velo Juniors. Both the Flow Riders and Capitol Velo members participate in community service projects.

The Boys and Girls Club has requested a donation of $3,000 to $3,500 to continue the Flow Riders program. The program wants to have 14 riders and has an annual budget of $7,200. The Board approved this donation for the 2011 budget.

Bicycle Fair - Mark Lebow started the discussion about a bicycle fair in Salem where local shops could let the public ride new bicycles in a fair like setting. The Board had a discussion and determined that the subject needed more research. Mark Lebow and George Schopfer said they would research bicycle fairs in other cities and make a future presentation to the Board.

Banquet Flyer - JoAnn Dewey passed out the Banquet flyers to Board members for review. The Flyer will be in the January 2011 Spokes and online at SBC Website. The Board discussed banquet program, 10/500 gifts, Road Animal gifts and other details. The details will continue to be worked on at the December Board meeting.

New Business

Spokes Editor - Doug Parrow said he would fill in as the Spokes editor while we search for a new editor. He said that we need to replace the old laptop computer and update the publishing software as both are obsolete.

NW Tour Guide Calendar - Doug Parrow said that he added the Monster Cookie and the Peach rides for 2011 to the NW Tour Guide Calendar. The Board agreed to keep the Road Animal Award as it was this year with the Monster Cookie, Cycle Challenge, and the Peach as the qualifying rides.

Next Board meeting will be at the Boys and Girls Club Headquarters December 21, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

Meeting adjourned.

December 21, 2010

Present: B. Luoma, L. Miles, G. Schopfer, J. Dewey , M. Lebow, D. Parrow, K. Shribbs, D. Philbrick, J. Pink

Treasurer's Report
Operating Fund $1,900.64
Ride Events $414.48
Money Market $21,206.78
Bank of the Cascades $15,101.97
PayPal $156.84
TOTAL $38,780.71

Monster Cookie $ per rider suggested change - BTA is moving to a Portland centered bicycle advocacy organization. Doug Parrow suggested that the Monster Cookie proceeds be donated to the Boys and Girls Club Youth Cycling program for 2011. The disposition of funds from the Peach of a Century will be decided in the future. The motion was seconded and carried.

Website Upgrade - Doug Parrow proposed several upgrades for the SBC Website. The list of the top 25 riders would be accessed from the riders sign on page. Members could also sign up to coordinate rides that were still open from this page. Cost of the changes would be about $1,000. The Board approved with a cap of $1,200. Doug also said he was developing a contract with the web provider that would give the club ownership of the website and all programs and content would be property of the club.

Banquet Awards - The Board discussed the 10/500 Awards and the Awards for the Volunteers. They will be ordered soon for distribution at the Annual Banquet. Road Animal awards will be mailed.

Annual Banquet - Annual Banquet program was discussed and approved. Tasks for the program were assigned. January 30, 2011 is the date of the Banquet. Anyone with photos of club activities should send them to Doug Parrow on a CD.

Portrait of the Board was taken and meeting adjourned to Boon's Treasury.


©2007-2008 Salem Bicycle Club